Lifepath Members and Friends,
The board of Elders met last week. We decided to continue our on-site worship services, while also maintaining our policies of wearing masks and social distancing. The Board gave me permission to adjust the number of services and their times. Given the low turnout for the three services, I'd like to go to just two services.
So, as of this Sunday the time of the services will be
9:30am and 11:00am
The livestream will continue to start at 10:45am.
We are still in the first phase of reopening, we will continue to be cautious, in order to err on the side of love and safety. The elders have asked that these procedures be followed:
- Only 75 worshipers will be in the sanctuary for each service. There will be some overflow space if we need it. People will be seated on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- We ask that people try to maintain 6 feet of distance as much as possible.
- All will enter the main entrance. The side entrances will be exit only.
- We ask that four this first phase, people wear masks. Bring your own if you have one. We will have some extras.
- The cafe will not be serving, nor will we have classes.
- There will be no nursery or children's programming. Families will sit together by household.
- Prayer teams will be available outside between services.
I realize these procedures will make some people feel better about coming to church, while others will feel they are unnecessary. As I preached on Sunday, this is going to be an exercise of love for each other. (See the link given above if you want to hear the sermon). We are going to need love that is patient and kind and does not demand its own way (1 Corinthians 13:4-7). But I believe we can do this in a way which will please God and be a light in the darkness.
Pastor Elliott Scott